Search the forum,

Discuss mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pursedog

hi guys,

i'm currently working on a hi-spec house in mayfair and the client wants all joints to be mitre joints.
the tiles are marble and are 600x300. my current cutter is not up to the job as it is too small and the resulting cuts are hit and miss.

need to speak to the site manager tomorrow so he can get something over which is able to deliver a perfect cut.

any advice on what i should be using?

W

White Room

I'd want to be using a bridge cutter like the rubi DW200 or 250, Check the sponser Tradetiler on the list on the right hand side

D

David - Tradetiler

I would advise the Rubi DS-230-LPS on our web site

It has micro adjustment on the back of the table to alter the square of the mitre - saves a lot of frustration. Nice solid machine - avoids excess chipping etc

Is a bit pricy though

last one on the list: TradeTiler.Ltd Wet Saws

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would advise the Rubi DS-230-LPS on our web site

It has micro adjustment on the back of the table to alter the square of the mitre - saves a lot of frustration. Nice solid machine - avoids excess chipping etc

Is a bit pricy though

last one on the list: TradeTiler.Ltd Wet Saws

:whatchutalkingabout FFS your not kidding

You also have to be built like Fatima Whitbread to lift the F%*$ing thing out of ya van :grin::grin:

D

David - Tradetiler

for mitres it is so much better than a DW type Rubi

"hi-spec house in mayfair"... Might be enough money in it to get the proper tools to get the proper results

One trick I have seen to lessen the weight is undo the two main overhead swing pivot bolts, take off the whole rail/motor part then take off the table from bed. You then have a cutter in easy to move pieces. Takes about 5 mins to undo/redo

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Branty

If you're doing alot of that kind of work, thats not a big price to pay. I used a big German machine last year. £6k's worth of cutter.

H

hillhead

My sigma 10M water saw can mitre like nothing normal,sweet as a nut.
heavy bugger too but when you have a helper its no prob.lifted it out once myself before but said no more,have to look after my back and all.

G

Grace'sDad

I bought my first quality bridge saw, and felt the same way I do about my washboy - how did I struggle by without it?!

If you are doing quality stone jobs even just occasionally - invest in a decent saw. The time saved will pay for the saw within a few jobs.

Reply to mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen