Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

michaelb4348

Need help here please.

I am on a job at the moment using metal square edge trim 12mm.

The problem i have is cutting the dam stuff i have loads of splash backs to do round sinks and the trim has to go around all edges of tiles as its 3 tiles across 2 high in the middle of the wall etc . So lots of mitres and the stuff is hard to cut any tips suggestions from people would be really greatful.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

michaelb4348

Sorry people read the related posts and that has helped.

do b and q do any decent hacksaw blades

G

Gazzer

You need 32 tpi blades. Screwfix do them .
Are you using a junior hacksaw or full size ?

M

michaelb4348

i have both sizes was going to go b and q now see what i can pick up need one for tomorrow

M

michaelb4348

b and q are pants managed to get some of there own brand at 32 tpi 10 blades see how it goes tomorrow.

might sound daft but would cutting plastic trim with the same blade make it useless for cutting metal trim?

D

Daz

Are these the Butech square edge trims from Porcelanosa? I usually use my Briccolina wet saw as they are a nightmare even with a decent hacksaw blade. I then gently file off any burrs. It works out a lot easier and quicker :thumbsup:.

M

michaelb4348

No they are form trimline there standered square edge trim its quite a strong trim. ill try the b and q blades i have 10 to burn out now should get me through all the cutting.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I tend to use a fixed mitre box, good hacksaw blades and make a jig from pieces of timber, to hold trim firm. It is not easy, but when everything is secure, Its a lot less effort:thumbsup:

M

michaelb4348

I have had an idea been playing around with some small plastic clamps if i clamp the trim to the mitre box its easier to cut so will try that now.

Reply to Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks