Search the forum,

Discuss Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

Are these the Butech square edge trims from Porcelanosa? I usually use my Briccolina wet saw as they are a nightmare even with a decent hacksaw blade. I then gently file off any burrs. It works out a lot easier and quicker :thumbsup:.

M

michaelb4348

No they are form trimline there standered square edge trim its quite a strong trim. ill try the b and q blades i have 10 to burn out now should get me through all the cutting.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I tend to use a fixed mitre box, good hacksaw blades and make a jig from pieces of timber, to hold trim firm. It is not easy, but when everything is secure, Its a lot less effort:thumbsup:

M

michaelb4348

I have had an idea been playing around with some small plastic clamps if i clamp the trim to the mitre box its easier to cut so will try that now.

S

Sean fsy

all you need is a £3 mitre block from focus a hacksaw with 32tpi blade in it and basic diy skills.

DSCN9422.jpg

DSCN9421.jpg

DSCN9419.jpg

can use wedges to hold mitre together if it helps.

DSCN9210-1.jpg

DSCN9227.jpg

T

The D

If you are having trouble cutting the trims you could try putting a piece of wood in to a mitre block to hold the trim steady while you cut it.
deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture7608-4.jpg

deanotile-albums-my-pics-picture7605-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave Ramsden

L profile trims can be cut square to exact size then use a file to get your 45's

The porc sq box trims I believe are made from brass and plated chrome, I use a large hacksaw to cut the mitre and a metal disc in a grinder to straighten out the cut...

Hope this helps!

Reply to Metal Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen