Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei Keraflex Maxi Great Bed Thickness in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Have a corner of a room that slopes off and Im aware mapei quote that keraflex maxi will bed to 15mm, now what Im wondering is that a finished bed thickness ie once tile has been layed or bed as in trowel notch size ie 10mm round notch trowel?:mad2:

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Yeah Merelecollins I have saw the floor in question al be it it was a few weeks ago. The building is an oldie too being renovated but I remember the floor as a whole was quite flat altho I think it may be running off toward the back corner and was just wondering if I could build up with keraflex as Ive not got spare time to lay and wait for slc so would like to avoid it if poss.

Reaction score
Yeah Merelecollins I have saw the floor in question al be it it was a few weeks ago. The building is an oldie too being renovated but I remember the floor as a whole was quite flat altho I think it may be running off toward the back corner and was just wondering if I could build up with keraflex as Ive not got spare time to lay and wait for slc so would like to avoid it if poss.
Each to their own mate:thumbsup:

I always try my best to get a flat surface before tiling, rather than messing around building tiles up, etc... For the sake of nipping in to the job for an hour or so the day/night before tiling, I think it's worth it:cool2:

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Point taken.:oops:

Just I've never used slc before and don't want to balls it up!

Anyone any tips if I need to go down that route?

W

White Room

Depending what your laying onto and how thick, just follow manufacturers instructions

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Thanks I Will do, ply down at mo so imagine slc will go down over ply where needed then once dry ill lay the dural and tile as normal from that?

In general What thickness is possible?

Last edited:

Reply to Mapei Keraflex Maxi Great Bed Thickness in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen