Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei grout on chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi.
I want to grout a floating floor using mapei ultracolour plus. I would usually choose bal wide joint with gt1 but bal haven't got the colour I want. By just using mapei ultracolour plus on it's own be ok?
Thanks

G

grumpygrouter

Is it a floating floor or a suspended floor? Floating floors can be fraught with problems for tiling.......

Reaction score
Is it a floating floor or a suspended floor? Floating floors can be fraught with problems for tiling.......

Some is on solid floor but the part in question is on a floating floor. I want to use the same grout throughout and mapei have the ideal colour. I'm gonna use 2 part flex for fixing tiles
Thanks

G

grumpygrouter

Some is on solid floor but the part in question is on a floating floor. I want to use the same grout throughout and mapei have the ideal colour. I'm gonna use 2 part flex for fixing tiles
Thanks
Excellent though Ultracolor plus is, I doubt it will cope with the movement in a floating floor for very long, not very much does as far as I am aware! maybe Dave will come on and advise as he has some experience with floating floors.

C

CBTC

Solid - floating - suspended; all different - needs fuller explanation. Grouting last of the issues or is it down already?

Reply to Mapei grout on chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen