Search the forum,

Discuss Manual cutter in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So out of interest, why do you find the pulling action on the scribe to be better? Also, I would like to understand the handle differences:-
Sigma Series 3 Klick Klock Cutters | Amazing Prices of Manual Tile Cutters to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So out of interest, why do you find the pulling action on the scribe to be better? Also, I would like to understand the handle differences:-
Sigma Series 3 Klick Klock Cutters | Amazing Prices of Manual Tile Cutters to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools
I find the action easier than the push series ( max ) as you can see the wheel on the max series due to the flip down feet and the pull action is a more scribe and snap in one go. Check out you tube vids.

JamesD

-
Reaction score
Hi Gents,
I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding that the they both struggle with Porc, especially on the last job, (RAK ceramics Lounge Beige unpolished). So I did pretty much all of the cutting on the Dewalt, but even this was causing me issues as the tile wouldn't cut cleanly, with small chips along the cut. Never had this before and I wasn't overly happy with the finished bathroom because of it.

For reference the blade on the Dewalt is a Marcrist CK850.

Anyway I'm thinking of changing out the TS-60, (40 is fine for what I use it for), to maybe a TX-710 Max. Anyone got any experience of this? Am I likely to get it and think I've wasted money and should have stuck with the 60?

Appreciate some advice and input.

Thanks fellas.
Hi the TX-710 is great if only so you can use the Rubi extreme 22mm scoring wheel! this should sort your cuts out. Trouble with the TX-710 is it's a bit heavy and cumbersome especially with the long "tee bar straight edge", other than that it's a good machine

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bit the bullet, went mad with lead poisoning and got a 1020 delivered today from Pro Tiler Tools. 😃 Won't be working for a few weeks due to the Covid issue, (haven't got it, don't want it!), so won't get to try it out for a bit. :(

Reaction score
Bit the bullet, went mad with lead poisoning and got a 1020 delivered today from Pro Tiler Tools. 😃 Won't be working for a few weeks due to the Covid issue, (haven't got it, don't want it!), so won't get to try it out for a bit. :(
Every bathroom job, even with a problematic mere 400 mm tile is going to take you twice as long as you will only have the space to set it up outside 😂
Hoping for some bungalow jobs🤞I reckon you'll be ordering a TX 60 within weeks 😂

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Time will tell, although most of the places I work in are large houses anyway. I've got a TS-40 which has never been an issue for anything that will fit in it so hopefully got that base covered.

Reply to Manual cutter in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen