Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

Adhesive mixed with a little mire water.
You need to choose the right adhesive for the substrate and tile being used.

Never add more water than is recommend on the bags mixing instructions, this is different from manufacturer to manufacturer and will void any guarantee and weaken the adhesive .
what I tend to do is add a additive to the mix this makes the addy more creamy and more sticky so I know its going to do what I want it to.

X

xlilgemx84

Here's pics but grouting not finished

Attachments

• image.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 46

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't see how they are they sort of add an extra process. But the lads on the first page say they're quick. http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/levelling-system.76365/ Somewhere there. I can't actually find the comment now but somebody said they're fast when you get used to them.

I suppose you've got to take into account all the times when you've had to pull a tile up the next day because it's dipped due to some kid running across it half hour after you left or something.

J

Just Rizzle

I can't see how they are they sort of add an extra process. But the lads on the first page say they're quick. http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/levelling-system.76365/ Somewhere there. I can't actually find the comment now but somebody said they're fast when you get used to them.

I suppose you've got to take into account all the times when you've had to pull a tile up the next day because it's dipped due to some kid running across it half hour after you left or something.
did 80 mtrs in 2 days made <removed from public view> a beauty salon in darlo "the white rooms"

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xlilgemx84

Here's pics but grouting not finished

what you think of the pic?
Yea someone said got to get used to them!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 47
O

Old Mod

lve never used them are they actually any faster

l do all levelling beforehand, then the installation is twice as fast, but that's only me and my take.

Yeah I said they were fast as did Ray,
It's more about holding them in place while adhesive sets, more than someone walking on them. If someone walks on them the clips are not necessarily gonna help.
As far as levelling before hand goes, I still do it haha it's more about the finesse of the work. As we've said its not for the amateur, it's an aid to an experienced fixer, then it's fast. That last few minutes u spend making fine adjustments is done away with. It'll help by eliminating lipage.
But it takes practice.
Watch the Rubi video on utube.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
what you think of the pic?
Yea someone said got to get used to them!
Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 21.38.50.png

I see where your lipping is, no matter how much you try and hide it in the shot with a reflection ;) ;)

I'm joking I'm sure that was coincidence.

But that's not bad to be fair. You'd always improve. Hard job to get right without professional knowledge.

X

xlilgemx84

Yeah I said they were fast as did Ray,
It's more about holding them in place while adhesive sets, more than someone walking on them. If someone walks on them the clips are not necessarily gonna help.
As far as levelling before hand goes, I still do it haha it's more about the finesse of the work. As we've said its not for the amateur, it's an aid to an experienced fixer, then it's fast. That last few minutes u spend making fine adjustments is done away with. It'll help by eliminating lipage.
But it takes practice.
Watch the Rubi video on utube.

K can see how they would help a lot can't believe the tile shop did not say anything about them when I
View attachment 60925

I see where your lipping is, no matter how much you try and hide it in the shot with a reflection ;) ;)

I'm joking I'm sure that was coincidence.

But that's not bad to be fair. You'd always improve. Hard job to get right without professional knowledge.

Thanks Betta next time don't think the photo uploaded correctly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 30

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
K can see how they would help a lot can't believe the tile shop did not say anything about them when I

Thanks Betta next time don't think the photo uploaded correctly!
Nah I'd zoomed in and screen printed the one in my reply there.

Tile shops don't really sell professional products to the domestic market. They can cause them (and the customer) more problems than it's worth.

X

xlilgemx84

Nah I'd zoomed in and screen printed the one in my reply there.

Tile shops don't really sell professional products to the domestic market. They can cause them (and the customer) more problems than it's worth.

Aw rite I see I suppose people can make compaints and cause grief! Thanks

S

Stocks Tiles

Has anyone tried the ATR levelling system from Australia? I bought it about a month ago and Sod's law no one wants any large tiles at the moment...! It was expensive but looked very effective online :D

Nice floor 3fall! I finish a wood effect floor tomorrow but they wanted 3mm joints with brown grout and we all know that stains the skirting boards after 20 seconds! :rolleyes:

O

Old Mod

Has anyone tried the ATR levelling system from Australia? I bought it about a month ago and Sod's law no one wants any large tiles at the moment...! It was expensive but looked very effective online :D

Nice floor 3fall! I finish a wood effect floor tomorrow but they wanted 3mm joints with brown grout and we all know that stains the skirting boards after 20 seconds! :rolleyes:
See that's where u've gone wrong! Ur the professional, u tell them how it's laid! Haha I do! :D

Reply to Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks