Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Christ that looks lovely!

You guys really want to send a friend of the family in who's got the digital camera (there's always one or two in every family lol) once it's been furnished to take some professional snaps. They'd look stunning on your websites and whatnot.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a few bodge jobs over the years. But also been graced with some of the best tiling on the planet. Maybe.

That reminds me, I'm still yet to port over member albums!

J

Just Rizzle

Hi

I'm new on here and just had my floor tiled with 80x80 porcelin tiles.
I knew it was a hard job and would not get it perfect. After the job had been done I have now heard about the tile levelling spacer system and am now gutted that this could have been used as there's some uneven tiles!

Would it have made a huge difference?

One room had been self levelled first and the others had the small red quarry tiles underneath.

Thanks
massive difference m8 on large format tiles I use themall the time
No specific adhesive for the system, just use what u need for the situation. I'll admit u need to have a slightly wetter mix, but still well within tolerances. I can walk away in the evening knowing that when I return the next day it'll be exactly how I left it. How many times do u return thinking that you're sure it didn't look that way last night! :confused:
I know it's happened to me more times than I care to remember!

started to use the genesis system 2yrs ago, I found a factory in china that makes them and imported 200 bags of then clips at a cost o f £2.00 PER BAG we now use them on all most every job we use large format tiles on but like he says you have to have a wet mix. there not for the amature as they don't know how the addy reacts under the tile i still check that the tiles are giving the right coverage by lifting one or two near the end of a mix just in case. pease of mindlast year me and our kid did 80 mtrs using this method in a beauty salon in darlo in 2days must thank phil at ctd for the recommendation as the guy had been droped in it at the last minute due to an over lap of jobs

X

xlilgemx84

U all defiantly know what your all talking about good work on the pics I'll try and get a pic for you all tonight! What you mean wet mix is that different to Adiesive?

O

Old Mod

U all defiantly know what your all talking about good work on the pics I'll try and get a pic for you all tonight! What you mean wet mix is that different to Adiesive?
No, just a mix with just a LITTLE extra water. It only takes an extra cup to make a difference.

J

J Sid

Adhesive mixed with a little mire water.
You need to choose the right adhesive for the substrate and tile being used.

Never add more water than is recommend on the bags mixing instructions, this is different from manufacturer to manufacturer and will void any guarantee and weaken the adhesive .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just looked a bit brown in a couple of shots but does look grey in others.

O

Old Mod

Oh ok, u use a pc don't u Dan? Never seen them on a large screen. Only iPad. All grey tho.
The job actually had quite large issues with the substrate to start with, had to get engineers, Schluter and Ardex involved.
Praps I should post it, unless the album thing is imminent?

W

White Room

Oh ok, u use a pc don't u Dan? Never seen them on a large screen. Only iPad. All grey tho.
The job actually had quite large issues with the substrate to start with, had to get engineers, Schluter and Ardex involved.
Praps I should post it, unless the album thing is imminent?

This the one you was telling me about at Rays Marc..

Reply to Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks