Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

People are still arguing that the Earth is flat so don’t think this clips no clips debate will be settled soon

D

Dumbo

I’m not actually ‘waiting’ for anything. They have no impact on my work or indeed any work I intend to do in the future. Any tile failure is a negative for all of us in the trade and certainly not something that I relish to see.

I’ve seen the system endorsed by very respected tilers and that’s good enough for me. I still struggle to understand why they are needed on ‘smaller’ format such as 60x60s but I also don’t require any explanation.

For those of you who have embraced the fixing method, I do however hope that it doesn’t impact the trade going forward by way of encouraging the DIY market to have a go at what in my experience is a trade that undertaken properly, is not within the capabilities of the average DIY’er. God knows I’ve seen enough disasters. Currently I see these systems placed at almost every point of sale. How long before they are packaged with the tiles under the marketing flag ‘endorsed by professionals’? Time will tell and I hope for the good of the trade, we don’t get to that point.

Happy fixing
If somebody pays me I will endorse anything

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen