Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

People are still arguing that the Earth is flat so don’t think this clips no clips debate will be settled soon

D

Dumbo

I’m not actually ‘waiting’ for anything. They have no impact on my work or indeed any work I intend to do in the future. Any tile failure is a negative for all of us in the trade and certainly not something that I relish to see.

I’ve seen the system endorsed by very respected tilers and that’s good enough for me. I still struggle to understand why they are needed on ‘smaller’ format such as 60x60s but I also don’t require any explanation.

For those of you who have embraced the fixing method, I do however hope that it doesn’t impact the trade going forward by way of encouraging the DIY market to have a go at what in my experience is a trade that undertaken properly, is not within the capabilities of the average DIY’er. God knows I’ve seen enough disasters. Currently I see these systems placed at almost every point of sale. How long before they are packaged with the tiles under the marketing flag ‘endorsed by professionals’? Time will tell and I hope for the good of the trade, we don’t get to that point.

Happy fixing
If somebody pays me I will endorse anything

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks