Discuss Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

The red DeWalt you have purchased is accurate to .3mm over a meter, so over a room of 8m you could be out by 2.5mm

Pretty much similar to spirit levels.

I’m basing this on an average Bathroom (the only tiling I do) being about 8 linear metres on the horizontal plane and being about 1 to 3mm out if I draw a level line around the room.

Anyway, great advise on the Dewalt Gents. Looks like I might need to go shopping. Any places that sell it over the counter?

Reaction score
The red DeWalt you have purchased is accurate to .3mm over a meter, so over a room of 8m you could be out by 2.5mm

Been using it some more today and like a lot of things it takes time to get used to a new tool.
One of the things that frustrated me at first was the tripod wouldn't go low enough to get the first row of cut tiles set, but I took the level of the tripod and set it with boxes of tiles and am much happier now, yes the beam is a bit wider than I expected, but I have got used to catching the bottom edge of the line, also it makes reading the tape much easier as it illuminates the measurement.

I can see the benefit for the more expensive levels that throw lines fore and aft for setting out a room square, quicker and green lines being easier to see, but I think this will do me afterall, just need a more suitable tripod.

Reaction score

I’m basing this on an average Bathroom (the only tiling I do) being about 8 linear metres on the horizontal plane and being about 1 to 3mm out if I draw a level line around the room.

Anyway, great advise on the Dewalt Gents. Looks like I might need to go shopping. Any places that sell it over the counter?

The one I got was from Screwfix as they had it in stock on a Sunday!

H

hmtiling

https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/dewalt-...er/9819k#product_additional_details_container

O

Old Mod

Mind blown:thumbsup::thumbsup:

A09DBF26-2A8F-4495-AF0F-E428C63703E3.gif :p

Reply to Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks