Discuss Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Is it only me that is not a robot every other post?
As Andy said Steve, it’s because you’re a new member, and in an attempt to prevent spam on the forum, I believe your first 10 posts are monitored.
Basically I get to mess with your head for a bit if I want. :p
As you’re now on post 11, your posts should be instant.

Welcome :D

Reaction score
As Andy said Steve, it’s because you’re a new member, and in an attempt to prevent spam on the forum, I believe your first 10 posts are monitored.
Basically I get to mess with your head for a bit if I want. :p
As you’re now on post 11, your posts should be instant.

Welcome :D

My head is more than messed up already and I get very frustrated quickly, I don't need an excuse LOL

Reaction score
I noticed earlier they do the same one with a green beam https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/dewalt-...line-green-beam-laser/9873x?_requestid=429447
So going to see if it's any easier to work with, saying that after another day I wonder how I managed previously Lol

W

Waluigi

I have a sub £200 Bosch which is pretty good but I’m going to see what the difference is between that and the DeWalt and will report back. Not unpacked the DeWalt yet.

Sometimes it’s worth spending that bit extra IMHO.

Reaction score
I have a sub £200 Bosch which is pretty good but I’m going to see what the difference is between that and the DeWalt and will report back. Not unpacked the DeWalt yet.

Sometimes it’s worth spending that bit extra IMHO.

Be very interested in your comparison as you will be comparing where I am with where I am considering going.
I am going to compare the Dewalts in the bargain bucket sector as soon as the latest one arrives.

JamesW

TF
Reaction score
Not quiet in the price range your looking for but just ordered one of these after my mate recommended it after his bosch one went **** up
360° Rotary Laser Level Self-Levelling Cross Line Measuring Tripod Stand & Case | eBay - https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Rotary-Laser-Level-Self-Levelling-Cross-Line-Measuring-Tripod-Stand-Case/401334670695?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

I will let you know how it goes but worth a punt for 30quid not expecting much to be honest but anything else hes recommended to me has been good.

Reaction score
Not quiet in the price range your looking for but just ordered one of these after my mate recommended it after his bosch one went **** up
360° Rotary Laser Level Self-Levelling Cross Line Measuring Tripod Stand & Case | eBay - https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Rotary-Laser-Level-Self-Levelling-Cross-Line-Measuring-Tripod-Stand-Case/401334670695?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

I will let you know how it goes but worth a punt for 30quid not expecting much to be honest but anything else hes recommended to me has been good.

I am certainly not a tool snob, but do appreciate quality, from looking at the link the big difference to the other lasers referenced would be that the 360 degree reference is not the same, having a constant 360 degree reference is completely different to being able to turn the laser through a whole turn to make the same checks, especially when getting two walls and a floor parallel and square?
Bear in mind I am no expert and this is not my first trade, but I like to learn and do the best job I can without cutting corners.

Appreciate what you think of it in the real world of using it though, as often cheaper products with some skill and experience will still produce stellar results ;)

As the plasterers say though, if it looks alright then, it's alright, usually after they have plastered all your glass, doors and floor!

I

Italy

ooohhh
half selection

20180920_064114.jpg 20180920_064131.jpg

JamesW

TF
Reaction score
Yeah im a bit sceptical about it myself. Might be alright for smaller jobs says it can be out up to 0.5mm per 1m.

I will give it a go and let you know how it is, im usually the same thinking you get what you pay for but it wouldnt be the first time in my life i would be surprised.

I would never have bought it if it wasn't recommended by my mate i would have likely went with a dewalt one i seen at 150quid, but hey its an expetement it will get tested before i even dream of using it on the job.

Reply to Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks