Discuss Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM

Set the laser to the horizontal beam only and ‘dip’ the floor with a tape measure and this well let you identify the high and low points in the floor, then set you packers or screws to the highest point of the floor using the laser as a datum and simply fill the low points with leveller or grind down the high points or both until you have a flat floor.

D

Dumbo

Hey mate I also have the DeWalt green laser. I’ve been struggling with precise floor levelling and would love to hear your process if you have 5 mins to run through it?!
I find the high point . In then drill and plug the floor setting a screw to 3 mm above high point I then put masking tape on my battery screw driver when I have put the screw in and mark laser beam on masking tape . Then drill and plug the rest of the floor screwing in screw until laser aligns with mark on masking tape .

W

Waluigi

I’m glad I don’t do large floors that need levelling. Sounds like quite a process. Hats off to you lot for doing it.

Reaction score
We've had a Bosch level for a while now and it's pretty useful in a big space with lots of reveals/awkward bits. I always check with a spirit level as well though just to back it up.

W

Waluigi

Had a proper bit of use with the Dewalt laser now, on actual tiles not just admiring the beam in my living room :D ......It’s really good.

Very bright, very sharp and the coverage is excellent. perfect for my bathroom work. Thanks for recommending this everyone who did.

Reaction score
Had a proper bit of use with the Dewalt laser now, on actual tiles not just admiring the beam in my living room :D ......It’s really good.

Very bright, very sharp and the coverage is excellent. perfect for my bathroom work. Thanks for recommending this everyone who did.

What did you use to mount it in the end?

I have found the limitations of my tripod as it won't go low enough for the first row or batton and it only goes up to 5 ft.

W

Waluigi

Handsaw. It’s crap though. I’m going to have to get something better.

I might be able to adapt my Bosch mount.

L

LM

On a typical bathroom I move my laser once. I position it so I can fit the bottom row on most walls first and then switch it to catch the last wall left which was the wall the laser was hung on first. Unless it was a large room a pole or tripod would be an obstruction for me.

Reaction score
On a typical bathroom I move my laser once. I position it so I can fit the bottom row on most walls first and then switch it to catch the last wall left which was the wall the laser was hung on first. Unless it was a large room a pole or tripod would be an obstruction for me.
Good pint and I understand where you're coming from, it was the first job using a lazer on an trying to get used to it.

Also found it useful leaving a gap for a mosaic feature vertically on opposing walls, but it was a god sized room, the shower room previously would have been a pain.

I can see the advantages but it's not a game changer for me overall, another useful tool though.

I think I will add a rule to my arsenal,if the vans not full enough already :)

L

LM

Good pint and I understand where you're coming from, it was the first job using a lazer on an trying to get used to it.

Also found it useful leaving a gap for a mosaic feature vertically on opposing walls, but it was a god sized room, the shower room previously would have been a pain.

I can see the advantages but it's not a game changer for me overall, another useful tool though.

I think I will add a rule to my arsenal,if the vans not full enough already :)
The more you use the laser the more you’ll become comfortable with it and learn how to use it in different ways. It won’t be long before you’ll be wondering why you bothered without one, just like a dishwasher or clips.

Reply to Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks