Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :)

Discuss Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.co.uk

Steve Griffiths

I have read through a load of old posts on the same subject so sorry to drag it up again but I have recently bought a dewalt https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-dw088k-self-levelling-line-laser/38474
and I was surprised how wide the line is and not that fussed on the red laszer, I had expected the beam to be a more thin and precice line?
I have spotted this Bosch version too with a green lazer https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-0603663801-UniversalLevel-Cross-Tripod/dp/B0748CVTQ6/ref=pd_day0_hl_60_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0748CVTQ6&pd_rd_r=3fe076b8-b448-11e8-b7f7-33d0f6fc033c&pd_rd_w=ht4VB&pd_rd_wg=bjLUH&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=f6359d5f-11a6-4577-a43b-58b9bb222f57&pf_rd_r=Z2EH4NY32BM065KXWMYR&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=Z2EH4NY32BM065KXWMYR
abd wondered if anyone has any experience of them?

There seems to be a big step up in price from these to the models I have seen some of you guys recommend and I am very interested what the difference would be in jumping up to double or even quadruple the cost, are they really night and day better?

Cheers

3_fall

Administrator.
Staff member
Subscribed Member
Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
That’s a green colour Steve, not laser beam.
You can’t buy a green laser for that money, they’re reassuringly expensive, even the cheap ones.

The most popular seems to be the Dewalt 089g 3 bean green laser, superb piece of kit, a true ons stop laser.

W

Waluigi

Unregistered (Please Register)
You’ll never retire the spirit level in my opinion.

That said, I’ve not used a laser that’s any more than a couple of hundred.

As you’ve already mentioned, the laser line is too thick. Maybe I should look into a better laser. I don’t think I need to yet.

OP
S

Steve Griffiths

That’s a green colour Steve, not laser beam.
You can’t buy a green laser for that money, they’re reassuringly expensive, even the cheap ones.

The most popular seems to be the Dewalt 089g 3 bean green laser, superb piece of kit, a true ons stop laser.

How thin would the line be on a dewalt like that?

W

Waluigi

Unregistered (Please Register)
How much are we talking for a good laser level gents.

And if anyone has a link for the OP that would be useful. I did have a quick search but there’s many similar lasers with slight variations in the ending digits

OP
S

Steve Griffiths

Only thing with that is I have gone all Makita for battery and charger simplicity, how thick would you say the line was on a wall etc and does it keep a consistant thickness over distance?
I was hoping to find something that accepts AA etc batteries

Localtiler

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
I also have the green DeWalt laser above and it totally changed my tiling life. I've achieved things I would never acheive with just spirit levels. For a professional tiler with many years of work, I always try and invest in the best I can. The cheap lasers aren't accurate enough either.
Using the laser this week I have been preparing a floor for underfloor heating and it was terrible, as much as 35mm out of level across a large room of over 30sqm. I've got the floor level to within 2mm. You can't do that with a spirit level

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]