Discuss Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have read through a load of old posts on the same subject so sorry to drag it up again but I have recently bought a dewalt https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/dewalt-dw088k-self-levelling-line-laser/38474
and I was surprised how wide the line is and not that fussed on the red laszer, I had expected the beam to be a more thin and precice line?
I have spotted this Bosch version too with a green lazer https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-0603..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=Z2EH4NY32BM065KXWMYR
abd wondered if anyone has any experience of them?

There seems to be a big step up in price from these to the models I have seen some of you guys recommend and I am very interested what the difference would be in jumping up to double or even quadruple the cost, are they really night and day better?

Cheers

O

Old Mod

That’s a green colour Steve, not laser beam.
You can’t buy a green laser for that money, they’re reassuringly expensive, even the cheap ones.

The most popular seems to be the Dewalt 089g 3 bean green laser, superb piece of kit, a true ons stop laser.

W

Waluigi

You’ll never retire the spirit level in my opinion.

That said, I’ve not used a laser that’s any more than a couple of hundred.

As you’ve already mentioned, the laser line is too thick. Maybe I should look into a better laser. I don’t think I need to yet.

Reaction score
That’s a green colour Steve, not laser beam.
You can’t buy a green laser for that money, they’re reassuringly expensive, even the cheap ones.

The most popular seems to be the Dewalt 089g 3 bean green laser, superb piece of kit, a true ons stop laser.

How thin would the line be on a dewalt like that?

W

Waluigi

How much are we talking for a good laser level gents.

And if anyone has a link for the OP that would be useful. I did have a quick search but there’s many similar lasers with slight variations in the ending digits

W

Waluigi

Thanks, that’s what confused me, the one on the Screwfix website has slightly different digits at the end:-

https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/dewalt-...er/9819k#product_additional_details_container

Reaction score

Only thing with that is I have gone all Makita for battery and charger simplicity, how thick would you say the line was on a wall etc and does it keep a consistant thickness over distance?
I was hoping to find something that accepts AA etc batteries

F

Flintstone

I also have the green DeWalt laser above and it totally changed my tiling life. I've achieved things I would never acheive with just spirit levels. For a professional tiler with many years of work, I always try and invest in the best I can. The cheap lasers aren't accurate enough either.
Using the laser this week I have been preparing a floor for underfloor heating and it was terrible, as much as 35mm out of level across a large room of over 30sqm. I've got the floor level to within 2mm. You can't do that with a spirit level

F

Flintstone

The red DeWalt you have purchased is accurate to .3mm over a meter, so over a room of 8m you could be out by 2.5mm

I

Italy

the thinnest green I've seen is the bosch gll3 80 green.
3 visibility settings.
this is the difference between the bosch with the second light setting
and one stabila, distant 50cm from the wall

20180616_064707.jpg

Reaction score
I also have the green DeWalt laser above and it totally changed my tiling life. I've achieved things I would never acheive with just spirit levels. For a professional tiler with many years of work, I always try and invest in the best I can. The cheap lasers aren't accurate enough either.
Using the laser this week I have been preparing a floor for underfloor heating and it was terrible, as much as 35mm out of level across a large room of over 30sqm. I've got the floor level to within 2mm. You can't do that with a spirit level

Did you use the reciever and a staff to do that?

Reply to Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks