Search the forum,

Discuss laying limestone tiles... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

...ive read through some old posts on here so just to re-iterate..

its a kitchen floor..bungalow has been up for years..do I still need ditra on the floor..white adhesive and lay as you would normally..back butter..but read that you should seal back of tile to prevent staining..what else is there in the process ?

R

Rookery

If its a solid floor I wouldnt use Ditra unless ufh was involved. If its a timber floor I'd overboard and use Ditra/Durabase. In all cases I'd fix/seal/grout/seal using a white rsf such as Keraquick. I would not seal the back of the tile but would certainly back skim them as I would with all floor tiles.

Q

Qwerty

If its a solid floor I wouldnt use Ditra unless ufh was involved. If its a timber floor I'd overboard and use Ditra/Durabase. In all cases I'd fix/seal/grout/seal using a white rsf such as Keraquick. I would not seal the back of the tile but would certainly back skim them as I would with all floor tiles.

Ditto. If it is a solid floor are there any cracks etc as this may mean ditra still required

Reply to laying limestone tiles... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen