Search the forum,

Discuss Keeping healthy in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

I just work, and try to think about what I eat and drink.
40 yrs old, 13 stone and 5'11" tall.
Resting heart rate about 44bpm.
In better shape than I've ever been.

(still got my hair and teeth too!)
44bpm..........does that mean you're technically dead!

O

On one

Apart from wearing a Fitbit Charge wristband I don't have the time or the inclination to do anything but put my feet up at the end of the day.

D

dave l and l

usually cycle anywhere between 30 and 60 miles on a sunday morning. ans i go out out running twice a week if i can , if i dont have much time during the week will go for one long run, done 10 k last night , made work a bit more of a chore today , i find cycling is best

O

Old Mod

At 5'8" trying to keep up with 6'2" Garythetiler when walking round to Pret for a coffee keeps me fit! Haha
Actually until we moved house 3 years ago I had a purpose gym built at home, which I used 7 days a week. Unfortunately I've not been able to make the time to rebuild it at our new home, so I've not trained since, really bloody miss it too.
I was actually incredibly fit until then, now, not so much. :(

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Try to get down the gym three times a week.half hour cardio, forty mins on the weights and around twenty mins yapping.

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've taken up taekwondo and running in the last couple of years, both great in different ways.

Taekwondo has been a godsend to my back and knees, really gets you stretching!

Currently training for a half marathon in March so building the mileage up at the moment - not so good for my knees!!

O

Old Mod

I've taken up taekwondo and running in the last couple of years, both great in different ways.

Taekwondo has been a godsend to my back and knees, really gets you stretching!

Currently training for a half marathon in March so building the mileage up at the moment - not so good for my knees!!

Good for you Marty! :thumbsup:
Strap em, not too tight tho.
Have you been fitted for proper running shoes?
A serious trainer store will ask you to demonstrate your running style and should fit you with shoes to suit your gait, it should ease the pressure on you knees a little.

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Good for you Marty! :thumbsup:
Strap em, not too tight tho.
Have you been fitted for proper running shoes?
A serious trainer store will ask you to demonstrate your running style and should fit you with shoes to suit your gait, it should ease the pressure on you knees a little.

Cheers Marc

Yeah I went for gait analysis after doing a couple of 10k races last year, i figured I'd need some better footwear if i wanted to increase the mileage.

I over pronate quite badly, so it was really good to see the before and after videos with different trainers on!

Did my 1st 10 mile run saturday, felt great and kept a decent pace (for me)

Reply to Keeping healthy in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen