Search the forum,

Discuss I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gonzo1969

The Tornado looks like the Dealt 2400 with a laser. Either a design rip off or dewalt make it for Monolith.

average

TF
Reaction score
Just read the instructions it's all explained and has a detailed drawing with the screws numbered so u know what's what

I've read the instructions! The wheels are all on. Id I go messing about with them, sure won't I knock it out of line. Say if I loosen the wheels from not tight, surely the tray could end up 1 or 2mm out!

Does anyone wheels move from side to side or are they bolted tight with wheels still moving. All mines are bolted tight to the frame.

J

J Sid

bolted tight, but sounds like one is out. Take tray of and put a straight edge on them, may show which is of

average

TF
Reaction score
For anyone saying no need for the dewalt because can dry cut, how accurate can you get it with grinder. TBH, I've never tried cutting with one. I always imagined I wouldn't get it perfect with a grinder like I would with a dewalt!

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've read the instructions! The wheels are all on. Id I go messing about with them, sure won't I knock it out of line. Say if I loosen the wheels from not tight, surely the tray could end up 1 or 2mm out!

Does anyone wheels move from side to side or are they bolted tight with wheels still moving. All mines are bolted tight to the frame.
It's the track u adjust not the wheels mine had the same problem as yours and I spoke to dewalt and they had me sit with the detailed drawing and talked me through what to do its easy and takes 2 mins

G

Gonzo1969

Under the Dewalt new purchase guarantee you can return or exchange within 30 days if unhappy.

Exchange it mate. Simples!!

average

TF
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with it apart from lack of understanding the machine and how it's adjustable

I've been at it an hour and still not aligned!

Pic 1 is how much I've brought the rod away from its original position. See the clear part where tip of screwdriver is. About 10mm easy and still nothing.

Pic 2 is the saw standing upright while taking the pic. This is what I tightened up to try and bring it inline! This is while I've loosened all 4 top screwbolts! Even the sliding table with t slide down the rails while it's standing up.

Over 1000€ and this carry-on. Very disappointed at dewalt for this! SHOCKING!

average

TF
Reaction score
IMG_20160830_185539.jpg

IMG_20160830_185703492.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For anyone saying no need for the dewalt because can dry cut, how accurate can you get it with grinder. TBH, I've never tried cutting with one. I always imagined I wouldn't get it perfect with a grinder like I would with a dewalt!
Good blade and steady hand and its easy (apart from mondays, i never have a steady hand on a mondayo_O)

Reply to I bought a dewalt d24000. Why you sell yours! in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen