Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
... now it's pretty much complete, how's it feeling and looking for you? Any improvements needed?

I'm yet to add a user gallery system, transfer likes over from old forum, and add some other smallish features. Then onto the custom tapatalk app.

W

White Room

The flagging system on the upper right hand side works well when someone has replied to a post which you contributed.

O

Old Mod

I agree with all of the above, like the new banner at the bottom featuring different posts of old, do u select them Dan or are they on a random selector?
Can't work out how to attach an image in a PM tho, that'd be useful.
Also a cancel reply button, I clicked on a reply with quote by mistake and now every time I visit the same thread the quote is still in the reply box and I'm paranoid of sending it by mistake haha praps it could be added to the tool box?
Image attachment in posts is excellent. Now I don't have to switch to Tapatalk to upload a full image.
Like Mark says the notification box is kool, but does it still mean u have to still use the "View this Thread" in an email or can u just delete it?
Would this stop u receiving further notifications from the thread?
The "watch thread" & "un watch thread" function is kool too!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The different posts is managed by Google. They're testing that on our forums and a bunch of others.

Reply with quote; just click it again and it cancels.

Notifications; you get an email and forum notification but you can manage what you get by going to settings. Click your name / avatar at the top of the forum.

Glad you like it. :)

Reaction score
Looking good.
Personally, I took off notifications for messages in threads.. If those that want to do the same, it's simple, just click profile > alert preferences > untick first 4.

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it's worth going through all the settings and preferences to make sure it's all as you want it. I tend to turn off most alerts and email notifications.

We don't do much mass email to the forum these days so when we do it's usually important. Might be worth you all making sure that's checked these days.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
in the words of Andy

sorry....

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I just don't like change Dan. I like the old blue forum. I knew where I was. For some reason I always have to keep entering my username no password.... I'm slowly finding my way round though.....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you click remember me or stay logged in or whatever it says.
If you scroll to the bottom of the forum, you should see some options to change colours.

Reply to Hows The Forum Looking And Feeling For You? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks