Search the forum,

Discuss how do you clean your tiling spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

hi there.
if you get addhesive on them .
how do you get it off. its easy to clean a few but if you have had an accident with them or are just messy youl have a lot to do.
iv heard of
soaking them in hot water
soaking in water then feazing them
putting them in a jar with small ball bearings in it and shack the jar
grab a fit and rub them around in your hands.

how do the pros clean them

M

Mike

hi there.
if you get addhesive on them .
how do you get it off. its easy to clean a few but if you have had an accident with them or are just messy youl have a lot to do.
iv heard of
soaking them in hot water
soaking in water then feazing them
putting them in a jar with small ball bearings in it and shack the jar
grab a fit and rub them around in your hands.

how do the pros clean them

I do reuse spacers if they're clean and undamaged but they're cheap enough to replace and not worth spending time cleaning them. I pay about 3 quid for a big tub, lasts months usually

tapatalk on my HTC

I

Ian

Tubs of 5000 at a time, last me about 3 years. I re use them or bin them if they get too scruffy.

A

Alan M

yes thats much faster. in the local hardware shops only sell the small bags and those are dear. il get a big tub for a fracktion of that cost. . i thought the pros would have some fast way to clean them

I

Ian

Leave them in your trousers when you put them through the wash, your Mrs will be well impressed :lol:

Reply to how do you clean your tiling spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen