Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

would you still use that method looking at these to tiles at either end of the wall?
photo 1.JPG

M

mp3wizard

I'm being retarded, I understand what you mean now, it's basically what I was going to do, but doing by the window and then cutting underneath, the issue would be that by doing it that way I'd see the cuts slap bang in the middle and from experience there is slight chipping or roughness which doesn't look at good as the manufacturers machine edge cut.

O

Old Mod

With a slither in the middle? No definately not!!
Only if it's a minimal amount or if to make all 3 the same size.

O

Old Mod

I'm being retarded, I understand what you mean now, it's basically what I was going to do, but doing by the window and then cutting underneath, the issue would be that by doing it that way I'd see the cuts slap bang in the middle and from experience there is slight chipping or roughness which doesn't look at good as the manufacturers machine edge cut.
That's exactly what I said.

. Some tiles can be extremely difficult to get an edge acceptable enough to have on show in the middle of the wall and a trial piece should be attempted first.

F

Flintstone

I think we should have a show us your closing cut thread. I know there was something similar a while ago but, that was then!

Reaction score
Good thread, watched from the beginning & chipped in once or twice.

Floor looks like it'll be fine,

A few hours on a Saturday will drag the bathroom job into summer..

So how about 'putting a bit back into the community' and employ someone for the bathroom? Support local business and all that

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen