Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

That is one big tile I drew whitebeam, the middle line was the line of the middle of the room. Here's roughly how it would look if I laid out. I guess first question would be if the central tile which is full size is 2 cm bigger than the window line on each side, would it look weird, or would every row of tiles in the middle need to be cut to be in line with the window line.
59100-18c7127be107211f439d12b60f713af0.jpg

M

mp3wizard

so a closing cut is shortening a tile, where would this be done, the central one by the window to keep it straight all the way up?

what's header n cill?

S

Spare Tool

You started it! You finish it!
:D hahaha ok..
And slowly...top of the window is the header, bottom is the cill, move them half a tile to give you very similar cuts to ceiling and floor instead of...well what you have set out.
For the closer cut aprox twenty mill off the centre tiles below and above the window...
Ok TA's? :D

O

Old Mod

What Andy is saying is in effect, start a full tile either side of the window, remembering to allow for the reveal tile also, leaving a space in between.
Then whatever measurement you have between these two tiles, will be the size of your closing cut, remembering to allow for a joint either side of course.
Whilst in theory it's a good 'get out of jail free card' it's easier said than done. Some tiles can be extremely difficult to get an edge acceptable enough to have on show in the middle of the wall and a trial piece should be attempted first.

And obviously, you don't actually leave the space in the middle, you tile as you go, that was just a way of explaining it.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen