Search the forum,

Discuss How are the macrist hole cutters? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Barso

I want to invest in the macrist diamond hole cutting system,could anyone advise me on how good it is?thanks

D

Deleted member 1779

I actually met with the macrist reps at the tile and stone show. Cant comment on their drill kits because we havent tried them but it is expensive.

I believe they are pitching against Rubi and Armeg. What I would say is that you should try our product first. It wont cost you so much to try because we dont have water pumps and clamps and the kits are priced at a quantifiable cost that you can add to a customers invoice.

You might like ours!

But then of course I would say that you should try ours first! - I am baised.

If you want to try then here is the link.

br3a.jpg

----
I actually met with the macrist reps at the tile and stone show. I cant comment on their drill kits because we havent tried them but they are expensive to purchase.

So what price are macrist kits? Well their starter pack which has all the pumps and clamps and is £92.83 but only comes with a single 6mm drill.

To complete a bathroom the extra Drill core prices are:

8mm = £52.75 each (fixings)
16mm = £57.34 each (water pipes)
30mm = £67 each (shower heads - 22mm bath pipes)
50mm =£70 each (waste pipes)

So price all the above drills and add £92.83 for the starter kit to get going. I would say you need one of each to cover a bathroom giving a total kit of about £338.

Our kit is £40 quid.

I believe Macrist are pitching against Rubi and Armeg. What I would say is that you should try our product first. It wont cost you so much to try out because we dont have water pumps and clamps and the kits are priced at a quantifiable cost that you can add to a customers invoice.

You might like ours!

But then of course I would say that you should try ours first! - I am baised.

If you want to try then here is the link.

br3a.jpg

One final thought (Jerrry Springer style) is that when you spend your £338 then get a lock on the van and keep a hawk eye on kit during commercial jobs. Theft of kit is not as uncommon as we think.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

McP77

365 all the way for me too. Don't see the need to buy everlasting drills in all different sizes that don't get used often. I'm still on my original BFK kit (although it's on its last legs) but it has done numerous holes.

Reply to How are the macrist hole cutters? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen