Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How Annoying!! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
How annoying is it when you pore your SLC over underfloor heating electrical matting and the matting (not the wires) bubbles up to the surface!! anyone got a good solution to stopping this happen or a particular brand of UFH? I have used spray floor adhesive on the matting which does help but any other suggestions much appreciated.

O

One Day

Also pour your slc gently and slowly. That helps too. Devi mats were the best for laying flat but the morons went and devalued their brand by selling trade prices to everyone. Now I don't use it. have you tried ezewarm loose cable with their plastic fixing strips? that's my preferred option now.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Loose cable for me gets round all the odd shaped bathrooms. If mats have been supplied then spray glue wait for it to go tacky then if on timber or insulation boards staple the mesh.

B

Bill

You do know that most of these mats have double side sticky tape on the bottom that just needs peeling off?

Make sure your floor is dust free and you should have no problems sticking the mats down.

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You do know that most of these mats have double side sticky tape on the bottom that just needs peeling off?

Make sure your floor is dust free and you should have no problems sticking the mats down.
The last few I have done have not had a complete sticky mat, only sticky strips and I always use tile backer board completely primed and dry. To be fair its not been a big problem, just annoying although like I say, the spray on floor adhesive is good and quick so might just stick with that.

O

Old Mod

I've used glue gun, quite effective, and always on hand.
I avoid mats as much as I can.
Loose wire given choice.
Devi mat! Pah!! Nasty stuff!
Laid thinner armoured cable! Haha

Reply to How Annoying!! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks