Search the forum,

Discuss hole cutters advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jon r

Hi all,

Starting out as a new tiler and looking for advice on which is the best hole cutter to get. Any particular brand etc?
There looks like there are hundreds out there to choose from. Do the porcerlain/marble cutters cut ceramic?
I have a18v dewalt cordless, if this helps

T

Time's Ran Out

The question I would ask is what size hole you are requiring.
365 drills (a forum sponsor) do a great set for £50 ish and will last about 10 holes each at £7 a drill (if I'am correct) but if you get caught without I find a square hole in the back of the porcelain tile and a round punched hole in the front works out very cost effective.
Don't get drawn into the position of drilling dozens of holes as your profits will soon disappear with these added costs and time delays.

Reply to hole cutters advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen