Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Plasplugs Contractor Diamond Cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Butters

Started using this today and its a nice machine if not a little noisy but I guess they all are.

Anyhoo, it says on the box that it can cut holes for things like light switches, etc, but there is no mention of how to achieve this.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

D

DHTiling

You have to remove the blade guard and do plunge cuts......this is done by lowering the tile over the blade thus making the cut through the back of the tile to the face......practice on scrap off cuts first to get the technique right.......

R

ritetouchtiling

i also find drilling a 7mm hole in each corner of what you are cutting out helps because then you can see the blade as you are lowering the tile .

D

DHTiling

i also find drilling a 7mm hole in each corner of what you are cutting out helps because then you can see the blade as you are lowering the tile .

Hard work if tiles are porcelain though........:thumbsup:

p.s. and yes Richard 365 will drill them no probs but still hard work..:grin:

M

Mad Hatter

I've got the same cutter. For sockets that require a plunge cut I usually mark lines on the tile with a square and then line the tile up in the centre of the cutter using the ruler on the machine and slowly lower the tile onto the cutter, when the tile starts to cut through just move up or down as required and repeat on the other three sides and don't forget a waterproof jacket as you'll get slighty wet!:lol:

I've to admit when you are doing 10+ sockets a day the noise of the machine can cut a but too much and I came home yesterday with a banging headache, other than that I cant fault it and it has tackled everything I've thrown at it.

Reply to Help with Plasplugs Contractor Diamond Cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen