Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss help on tile cutter choice in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rookietiler

Hello guy's and girls,
Iv'e been pondering over getting a new manual tile cutter for a while, so i thought why not ask the experts.
I started up on my own a little over a year ago now and the first cutter i bought was a big clinker going off the recommendations from the lads at topps, whilst i was resonably happy with the big clinker i have come to find a few flaws and it is not performing the same as it was a year ago, i know it's reasonably priced but i dont want to buy one every year, i want one to last a good while, also i used the big clinker for everything but now i have purchased a rubi hobby 40 for splashbacks and smaller thinner ceramics which is fantastic and easier to manage. but of course i'm looking to invest in a larger cutter for larger tiles porcelain ect, this is where the problem is right the rubi range is quite popular and maybe overcrowded, just how many tile cutters do they want to bang out of the factory, i could do with an honest opinion on what you think is the best value for money tile cutters out there, i was set on the ts 60 plus then i looked at it in topps and it seemed very flimsy next to the big clinker and i'm not keen on the static breaking point, so then i had a play with the MASSIVE TX700N and i just dont know if something that big is neccessary especially at over 300 sheets, so then i thought the tr600 looks good but they're not recommended for porcelain.....then i saw the speed 60 on offer at CTD for just 125 quid and they said that it copes well with porcelain but i'm wary of what these guys say... nothing against them but they want a sale right? however the speed series looks good and reasonably priced but again it is marked as a semi/ametuer cutter, does anyone own one and if so what do they think because it's hard to find reviews on it, i know this is long winded so thanks for your attention and thanks in advance for your invaluable knowledge on this forever debatable issue.

M

Mike

if you're looking for a cutter to last then as sir ramic say's one of the big 3, but you're looking at £300 for each of them .

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A quality cutter is a long term investment and it's well worth spending the extra money now to have a cutter that will last. TX700 for me:thumbsup:

R

rookietiler

Ok well it's looking like the TX might be leading the way, i know it sounds tight but it is a lot for a tile cutter and then again it should be worth it, just the sheer size of though jeeez, it'll be tight in a bathroom with that bad boy, thanks guys.

M

MTiler

The TX700 is great for 600mm tiles, Ive been borrowing one and hope to get one myself. I had a 600Rubi aswell and couldnt get on with it with the large porc tiles so got rid of it and bought a Montolit63 which was better. At the mo I have 3 cutters :)

Reply to help on tile cutter choice in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks