Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Hardie backer onto osb in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Have a job where walls are clad with osb ( trendy). Customer wants walls partially tiled around all the worktops with larger splashbacks behind cookers and sink etc. As the walls will be partially tiled you will be able to see the top edge and side edges. I am using Hardie backer 6mm on the osb. How on earth doni trim the edges without showing the Hardie backer behind. Customer does not want me to chop out osb and replace wiyh backer

Reaction score
One large trim behind hardie to cover both hardie and tile, or 6mm trim behind Hardie and second trim behind tile
Thanks for reply mate. I thought about a big trim behind Hardie just concerned on availability of 18 to 20mm deep trim. Also checking i wasn't being rough as I'm fairly new to it all. Good shout on two trims as customer is buying the tiles and being mega indecisive so i don't know how thick they are yet, i think that might be the most flexible solution. Thanks again for the reply.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies all. I think two trims seems to be the way to go. I will try my best to steer them towards flat trim. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Needs to be flat edge to look anywhere near tidy.
I will make it quite clear that that is what will look neat and tidy and anything else stands a good chance of looking poo. After that its up to them. It's their money after all.
[automerge]1574704801[/automerge]
Really appreciate the responses. Thanks all

Reply to Hardie backer onto osb in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks