Search the forum,

Discuss Hardie backer onto osb in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Have a job where walls are clad with osb ( trendy). Customer wants walls partially tiled around all the worktops with larger splashbacks behind cookers and sink etc. As the walls will be partially tiled you will be able to see the top edge and side edges. I am using Hardie backer 6mm on the osb. How on earth doni trim the edges without showing the Hardie backer behind. Customer does not want me to chop out osb and replace wiyh backer

Reaction score
One large trim behind hardie to cover both hardie and tile, or 6mm trim behind Hardie and second trim behind tile
Thanks for reply mate. I thought about a big trim behind Hardie just concerned on availability of 18 to 20mm deep trim. Also checking i wasn't being rough as I'm fairly new to it all. Good shout on two trims as customer is buying the tiles and being mega indecisive so i don't know how thick they are yet, i think that might be the most flexible solution. Thanks again for the reply.

Reply to Hardie backer onto osb in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen