Search the forum,

Discuss Hardibacker Tile Backer Board.....any Questions?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hardibacker Rep

Hey all!!

Im Ash the Hardibacker Rep for the North of England and Scotland.....if anyone has any questions about installation, technical details or would just like to know more about our range of products please dont hesitate to get in contact.....

Ash

O

Olz

Hi mate, welcome to the forums,

Ill start us off,

Whats the weight rating per m2?

Cheers

Oli

H

Hardibacker Rep

Hardibacker 500, 12mm x 1200 x 800, can hold up to 45kg per sqm of tile in a wall application.....ideal if your going to be using your heavier wall tiles....and really easy to install! :yes:

Skimmed plasterboard can only hold 20kg per sqm and plasterboard 32kg per sqm...

If you want any more info keep the questions coming!!! :grin:

G

Grace'sDad

Love it, like it, use it a lot - But why does it have to be so blinkin' heavy???!!!

Can you make a lighter version but retain the strength?

N

NW tiler

Here's a couple of question for you, Hardibacker rep....

1.What screws do you recommend for floors? THe ones I've used so far stick up and have to banged in with a hammer to get them level with the backer board!!!

2. On tuesday Im installing backerboard onto the walls around a bath/shower area. How do I fix it to the wall, on my own! Again, what sort of fixings do I use. Your website states "dowls", what are they? The wall is both plasterboard and brick.

For materials I'm in the North West, CTD is the tile shop I use. Have the usual DIY shops and Topps tiles nearby.

Thanks in advance.

S

Saltire69

How do you get the hardi screws flush? Used 2 drills(battery and 1 plugged in) on them and still can't get them flush.

S

Spud

backer boards arent normally recommended for following drainage falls in floors why is this and is yours okay for this type of application ??

R

Raja

Hey all!!

Im Ash the Hardibacker Rep for the North of England and Scotland.....if anyone has any questions about installation, technical details or would just like to know more about our range of products please dont hesitate to get in contact.....

Ash

hi ash and welcome

good product u got there mate shame about the people who retail it for u topp's

W

White Room

With the 6mm board on a bathroom floor would you reccomend a spf or 2 part for putting the tiles down

Reply to Hardibacker Tile Backer Board.....any Questions?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen