Discuss Guys ive solved the problem of bad calibration in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can take a look at this format i came up with a while back, ive had numerous calls from tile shops as word has got about that this has actually worked for bad calibration in tile, most common i think in Spanish products,.

Try for yourself and see what you think, i now tile everything this way to eliminate any problems. Some of you may have came up with this already. If not id like a badge for being so great :gradcap:
15479806438075945725811634218358.jpg

D

Dumbo

I completely missing the point as to why this works in any way shape or form. Also are you talking about irregular shaped tiles rather than square tiles which may have a difference in size between tile to tile

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I completely missing the point as to why this works in any way shape or form. Also are you talking about irregular shaped tiles rather than square tiles which may have a difference in size between tile to tile
irregularity in a tile jig is very common it can be small are large depending on manufacturer and QC, it throws of the true square of the material it can be counteracted by setting the tile in the pattern i posted that the good Lord himself sent me in a vision for the tile community to benefit from .
Try it out for yourself

D

Dumbo

irregularity in a tile jig is very common it can be small are large depending on manufacturer and QC, it throws of the true square of the material it can be counteracted by setting the tile in the pattern i posted that the good Lord himself sent me in a vision for the tile community to benefit from .
Try it out for yourself
So you are talking about tiles being out of square rather than being sizey .

T

Time's Ran Out

A good apprenticeship would solve all your issues!
As I’ve mentioned occasionally if the job was that easy they’d do it themselves.
On walls in bathrooms it should be no problem and on larger areas you use ‘bays’.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Learn to tile without using spacers...
I've never used a spacer yet on a floor..
Straight edges ....are all you need..

On walls use wedges, cardboard, spacers turned flat...

Reply to Guys ive solved the problem of bad calibration in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks