Search the forum,

Discuss grout line in centre of hall or full tile ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pierce

Hi decided to tile 35sqy2 hall kitchen toilet and utility with 30 x 60 length ways brick pattern
Inside the front door its 2.1 meters then down the hall between side of stairs and wall is 1.13
Is it ok to have the grout line dead centre of hall and a full tile 30 and 26.5 either side or should a whole tile be centre of this part of hall 1 full tile either side and 11.5 slither on either side any thoughts and advise much appreciated thanks

so 26.5 30 30 26.5 grout in centre or

11.5 30 30 30 11.5

Reaction score
I say deffo but I was just thinking that if you had a room off the hall which you're not tiling you would only have 3.5cm of tile to reach the underside of that door so watch out for that!!

D

diamondtiling

If the 265mm cuts fit everywhere then thats fine, as CC has said make sure they do go under any doors etc. This is really down to your personal choice.

J

jay

all depends on what other areas are joined to the hallway that are going to be tiled dont want to end up with slithers in other areas you need to set it out so you know the approx size of every cut before you lay a tile

P

pierce

Thanks all for advise , just calculating it out

when you come in front door the stairs wall is on the left ,there will be
21.5 piece here running from front door to bottom step under skirting ,
i will dry lay em again tonight when i get up there to see again about the tile under the door.

I

Ian

Get a couple of photo's when you dry lay them, it will give us a better idea of what you are dealing with :thumbsup:

B

Brinkley

dry lay it will give you a much better visual idea ,youmight find the cuts whatever size fine upto you at the end of the day .

Reply to grout line in centre of hall or full tile ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen