Currently reading:
grout line in centre of hall or full tile ???

Search the forum,

Discuss grout line in centre of hall or full tile ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pierce

Hi decided to tile 35sqy2 hall kitchen toilet and utility with 30 x 60 length ways brick pattern
Inside the front door its 2.1 meters then down the hall between side of stairs and wall is 1.13
Is it ok to have the grout line dead centre of hall and a full tile 30 and 26.5 either side or should a whole tile be centre of this part of hall 1 full tile either side and 11.5 slither on either side any thoughts and advise much appreciated thanks

so 26.5 30 30 26.5 grout in centre or

11.5 30 30 30 11.5

P

pierce

Here are some pics some pics were to big to upload.

inside front door 21-30-30-30-30-30-25
just inside front door room to right full tile finishes at saddle of door way im thinking i will leave this as wood floor going in that room??

narrow part of hall 24-30-30-30-25 as you can see in pic doorway with no saddle is kitchen which will be tiled

i wanted to have tile centre of doorway but full tiles fit perfectly to the stairs.

inside the kitchen the tile along the wall parallel is 20 and last on far kitchen wall is 22
Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• DSC02353.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC02354.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC02350.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 29
C

charlie1

The whole point of laying tiles brickbond is you like that look, you will only really appreciate this if you lay them brickbond looking from front door as its from this view that you will see the most imo. If you lay the other way then all you will see is long straight lines, not really what you want imo!. Also, I would use a contrasting grout to make this effect more apparent, it will look spot on mate with a slightly darker grout but make sure you get all those joints even, good luck!!

Reply to grout line in centre of hall or full tile ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.