Search the forum,

Discuss Genesis Metal Tile Trim? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Superdon1

Tiles, grout and adhesive sorted. Just need to sort trim.

we have decided to go with metal, straight edge. Probably 8mm and prefer a brushed finish.

Cheapest we we have found is Genesis. We need 7 of 2.5m and at trimtraders it comes out at about £55 delivered for the aluminium brushed finish.

First, is the Genesis straight edge trim good and easy to work? Secondly, bearing in mind we can't get true trade pricing, is £55 for that amount a decent deal? Seems a good price compared to the standard RRP of Homelux trim at the bug sheds?

is this stuff ok to use In a kitchen and a bathroom?

We we only plan to use on the external corners, not the inside edging - is that ok?

beanz

TF
Reaction score
That sounds like a good price to me.. I can't see why it would be any different to working with any other metal trims, but I've not used it before, so maybe someone else can confirm or deny that. Yep, just external corners, as the internals should be siliconed. ;)

Last edited:
I

Ian

I use the genesis trims and find them to be good quality, they are also a bit easier to cut than some of the others on the market. The price you have seems very fair to me.

S

Superdon1

Cheers. Got my sums wrong, it's actually £65 for the eight sections, inc vat and delivery.

Also, I didn't realise the genesis range had brushed finish AND Matt silver. It seems the supplier only have the brushed effect. I can get the Matt from elsewhere, but more expensive.

I was thinking the brushed effect would be more Matt. Anyone seen both finishes and comment on the brushed? We were after a not so shiney and in your face finish.

T

tfs

that trim is decent. It is superior to the tile easy stuff in terms of weight/ thickness etc.

If you mean by 'easy to work' that is it easier than round edged trim then I suppose it is. You can get a realy tight finish on joins etc.

I get it a little cheaper than what you have mentioned but in comparison to other brands that is still a good price.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Good price.......good stuff to use.

get the corner/end pieces if you need them.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Good price for the trim. However, I personally prefer Homelux trim. The Homelux trim is a true 90 deg straight trim whilst the Genesis trim is 90 degs it also has a crinkled back side. This only makes a difference when you are tiling corners. A bit hard to explain, but hopefully someone will have a pic of both trims.

R

Rookery

Genesis seems better quality than Homelux to me. I use more straight edge than quadrant these days and the brushed finish is preferred by my customers. Its on offer at CTD at the moment, not sure if its the whole range though.

S

Superdon1

Is the brushed finish still quite shiney and chrome? Just wondering if the Matt silver is what we should go for.

Unfortunatley i don't know of any local stockists to have a look (kidderminster/stourbridge area) and I need to get them sorted ready for the end of the coming week.

T

tfs

Genesis seems better quality than Homelux to me. I use more straight edge than quadrant these days and the brushed finish is preferred by my customers. Its on offer at CTD at the moment, not sure if its the whole range though.

I find that CTD are generally the best for prices on this trim

B

Bradma9

I personally have used the brushed finish from trim traders and I don't think it is too shiny! You can ask for a sample, the homelux brushed finish in b&q is exactly the same so pop in there and have a look at it.

S

Superdon1

Sounds like a plan then.

If anyone has a pic of them fitted, that would be great.

Reply to Genesis Metal Tile Trim? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen