Search the forum,

Discuss Genesis Metal Tile Trim? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Superdon1

Tiles, grout and adhesive sorted. Just need to sort trim.

we have decided to go with metal, straight edge. Probably 8mm and prefer a brushed finish.

Cheapest we we have found is Genesis. We need 7 of 2.5m and at trimtraders it comes out at about £55 delivered for the aluminium brushed finish.

First, is the Genesis straight edge trim good and easy to work? Secondly, bearing in mind we can't get true trade pricing, is £55 for that amount a decent deal? Seems a good price compared to the standard RRP of Homelux trim at the bug sheds?

is this stuff ok to use In a kitchen and a bathroom?

We we only plan to use on the external corners, not the inside edging - is that ok?

S

Superdon1

Cheers. Got my sums wrong, it's actually £65 for the eight sections, inc vat and delivery.

Also, I didn't realise the genesis range had brushed finish AND Matt silver. It seems the supplier only have the brushed effect. I can get the Matt from elsewhere, but more expensive.

I was thinking the brushed effect would be more Matt. Anyone seen both finishes and comment on the brushed? We were after a not so shiney and in your face finish.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Good price for the trim. However, I personally prefer Homelux trim. The Homelux trim is a true 90 deg straight trim whilst the Genesis trim is 90 degs it also has a crinkled back side. This only makes a difference when you are tiling corners. A bit hard to explain, but hopefully someone will have a pic of both trims.

Reply to Genesis Metal Tile Trim? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays