Search the forum,

Discuss Free Pallet of Mapeker Rapid Coming Soon for JOTM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tile Giant and Mapei have teamed up to offer us a JOTM prize that you'll love.

We're just having a think about which month this will be for and discussing whether we should do a one-off JOTM in the main tiling forum to allow all tilers registered on here to join in. We don't know if we'll go with that yet.

The prize will be a pallet (48 Bags) of Mapeker Rapid for the job with the most votes when we create the poll after having all entries submitted.

A big thanks to both Tile Giant and Mapei who have offered us this. :) :thumbsup:

We'll keep you posted on the details as we sort them out.

J

jimbob

How about a "Job of the year" where the 12 JOTM winners square off against each other for the ultimate accolade, with the pallet going to the winner?? Now would be an ideal time to do JOTY 2009.....:thumbsup:

S

sstilingservice

Hey Jimbob

I think thats a great idea. The only thing I can think of Dave is that it makes us feel kinda special being in the arms and nowing that it pros looking and judging not ever Tom Dick or Harrys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How about a "Job of the year" where the 12 JOTM winners square off against each other for the ultimate accolade, with the pallet going to the winner?? Now would be an ideal time to do JOTY 2009.....:thumbsup:

That could be a good one. But it would mean only the guys who have won prizes already get to win this prize and it doesn't seem very fair for the guys who recently got access to the arms and didn't manage to enter in the past.

I'd like it to go to any of the tilers to try and encourage as many as possible to enter in the comp.

Though food for thought there.
Hey Jimbob

I think thats a great idea. The only thing I can think of Dave is that it makes us feel kinda special being in the arms and nowing that it pros looking and judging not ever Tom Dick or Harrys.

Good point. I just know there are a load of tilers who haven't bothered to gain access to the tilersforums arms for whatever reason that I think should be able to win such a prize. Perhaps we have a bit of a think about that and see if the tilers mind their competition entries being in the main tiling forum just this once?

E

enduro

The only thing i can see happening with jotm is people entering several times over the year and not winning, then not bothering to enter again. I personally think it should have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, places every month, and prizes split...three ways. As i can see this getting less and less entries over the year.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps you're right mate. We're lucky to get prizes to be honest as it's not in the sponsorship terms per se. So I don't know if we'd ever be able to guarantee three prizes each month.

I'd like to think that when people do a good job they think when it's done 'this would be a good one for JOTM' as it's all fair when it comes to voting on the entries.

So if it does get quieter, and 3 people do good jobs, they'll submit them and one will win. I don't think people will every stop submitting them fully though as generally they're always uploading pictures to their profiles anyway so why not stick that months job in to see if they win - they don't lose anything.

S

sstilingservice

Sorry I Dan I address it to Dave by mistake !! I think you could be on to something their Dan All the JOTM winners open to all to veiw on the forum then it will deffinatley inspire people to up there game to gain access to the Tilers Arms and buy us all a pint :8:

J

jimbob

The only problem I can see with giving the pallets away as a normal JOTM prize is that it is such a great prize - previous JOTM people might get a little fed up that when they won they only got a prize worth, say, £20, and joe bloggs has won it and got a prize worth a darn sight more. If you give it to a JOTY it goes to the best of the best, the "top gun" of jobs, so to speak :thumbsup:

S

sstilingservice

I think thats the idea Jimbob Job of the year and open to all to vote thats what I think would work the best. (I just gotta try and win a month now !!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, if somebody is entering JUST for the prize and not for the sake of winning and just feeling warm and fuzzy inside then they're mad.

Every prize has been greatly received and all the winners are proud to be so.

I think limiting this prize to just the existing winners wouldn't encourage anybody to enter in future ones as they know they'd only win lesser prizes.

I think offering this out to as many members as we can is the way to go and see if we can get a record entries for it and lots of discussion and opinions dished out.

And then in the end, lots of voting to make sure we're all having some input in who wins it.

Prizes don't come around like this often. We started out intending on not providing materialistic prizes but just giving winners a forum badge to encourage others to enter and so they can show off to their customers and whatnot.

Though the prizes have ranged from a free trip for two to Egypt, a bathboard to protect the bath, and now a huge pallet of adhesives. I don't think it would be right to not allow anybody who wanted to enter on any of the prizes.

Plus. If we did a JOTY, what would happen if only 2 of the several tilers had good jobs on so only 2 of them entered?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Free Hugs and winning JOTM makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4]YouTube - Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies.net )[/ame]

Reply to Free Pallet of Mapeker Rapid Coming Soon for JOTM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen