Search the forum,

Discuss Free Pallet of Mapeker Rapid Coming Soon for JOTM in the Job of the Month Competition (JOTM) area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Tile Giant and Mapei have teamed up to offer us a JOTM prize that you'll love.

We're just having a think about which month this will be for and discussing whether we should do a one-off JOTM in the main tiling forum to allow all tilers registered on here to join in. We don't know if we'll go with that yet.

The prize will be a pallet (48 Bags) of Mapeker Rapid for the job with the most votes when we create the poll after having all entries submitted.

A big thanks to both Tile Giant and Mapei who have offered us this. :) :thumbsup:

We'll keep you posted on the details as we sort them out.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
How about a "Job of the year" where the 12 JOTM winners square off against each other for the ultimate accolade, with the pallet going to the winner?? Now would be an ideal time to do JOTY 2009.....:thumbsup:

That could be a good one. But it would mean only the guys who have won prizes already get to win this prize and it doesn't seem very fair for the guys who recently got access to the arms and didn't manage to enter in the past.

I'd like it to go to any of the tilers to try and encourage as many as possible to enter in the comp.

Though food for thought there.
Hey Jimbob

I think thats a great idea. The only thing I can think of Dave is that it makes us feel kinda special being in the arms and nowing that it pros looking and judging not ever Tom Dick or Harrys.

Good point. I just know there are a load of tilers who haven't bothered to gain access to the tilersforums arms for whatever reason that I think should be able to win such a prize. Perhaps we have a bit of a think about that and see if the tilers mind their competition entries being in the main tiling forum just this once?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Perhaps you're right mate. We're lucky to get prizes to be honest as it's not in the sponsorship terms per se. So I don't know if we'd ever be able to guarantee three prizes each month.

I'd like to think that when people do a good job they think when it's done 'this would be a good one for JOTM' as it's all fair when it comes to voting on the entries.

So if it does get quieter, and 3 people do good jobs, they'll submit them and one will win. I don't think people will every stop submitting them fully though as generally they're always uploading pictures to their profiles anyway so why not stick that months job in to see if they win - they don't lose anything.

J

jimbob

The only problem I can see with giving the pallets away as a normal JOTM prize is that it is such a great prize - previous JOTM people might get a little fed up that when they won they only got a prize worth, say, £20, and joe bloggs has won it and got a prize worth a darn sight more. If you give it to a JOTY it goes to the best of the best, the "top gun" of jobs, so to speak :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nah, if somebody is entering JUST for the prize and not for the sake of winning and just feeling warm and fuzzy inside then they're mad.

Every prize has been greatly received and all the winners are proud to be so.

I think limiting this prize to just the existing winners wouldn't encourage anybody to enter in future ones as they know they'd only win lesser prizes.

I think offering this out to as many members as we can is the way to go and see if we can get a record entries for it and lots of discussion and opinions dished out.

And then in the end, lots of voting to make sure we're all having some input in who wins it.

Prizes don't come around like this often. We started out intending on not providing materialistic prizes but just giving winners a forum badge to encourage others to enter and so they can show off to their customers and whatnot.

Though the prizes have ranged from a free trip for two to Egypt, a bathboard to protect the bath, and now a huge pallet of adhesives. I don't think it would be right to not allow anybody who wanted to enter on any of the prizes.

Plus. If we did a JOTY, what would happen if only 2 of the several tilers had good jobs on so only 2 of them entered?

J

jimbob

Plus. If we did a JOTY, what would happen if only 2 of the several tilers had good jobs on so only 2 of them entered?

I agree the competition is not about prizes but pride and satisfaction. With regard to the JOTY, the comp would be between the 12 jobs which had actually won in 2009, not to take the previous 12 winners and compare their current months work, if you get my meaning :thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I agree the competition is not about prizes but pride and satisfaction. With regard to the JOTY, the comp would be between the 12 jobs which had actually won in 2009, not to take the previous 12 winners and compare their current months work, if you get my meaning :thumbsup:
Oh I'm with you.

I don't think we actually have been running for 12 months so it'd be between about 10 I think once Jan's is out of the way.

Food for thought for sure. I'd just like to think somebody who hasn't yet won a prize could win one.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I would be happy with just the pallet...cant have enough pallets knocking around..:thumbsup:
Ya nutter.

I used to have engines sitting on pallets where I used to live as I had a car that was prone to popping the engine.

The mrs wouldn't let me touch a pallet now in case I started storing "rubbish" as she calls it.

Hi Guys

as a regular entrant in the jotm (and looser :lol::lol::lol:) I can say for me its the taking part and showing the other guys on here what I do that i enjoy.

the prizes are great as a endorsement of the jotm but not the reason for entering.

the current format with one outright winner is a good one and imo we should stick with it.

as for the prize put forward by mapie and tile giant, I think its fantastic and certainly deserves a competition worthy of it. :thumbsup:

Spanish

D

DHTiling

Hi guys/gals..

Seen as i am usually the sorter outer of JOTM...I think it should just carry on as normal and the prize be a BIG bonus to the winner of next months comp..

By starting a JOTY is going OTT really and i think it works great as it is.

The Kudos of winning JOTM is the best part and all who win are very proud they did, so a small or large prize is just a bonus IMHO..

So i would just like to leave it as it is ... coz it works fine and if we start changing it... then it might not work and members coulds loose interest..

As for holding it int he main forums...NOPE!!...The competition is mentioned enough in the main forums and if tilers choose not to particpate then we can't force them..

This is purley a comp for tilers arms members and a reward if you like for gaining access.

If we go to the public forums with it then it will get stupid and harder to control..

Just my input and why break what works just fine..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Warm and Fuzzy inside now that sounds like a prize I wonna win ;-)

I think the prizes are great, I am proudly Sporting my Mapei watch, tee shirts, steel tape, pens, pencils etc. I have not had chance to pick up my Tile Giant prize. Again I want to thank everyone involved. The prizes fantastic as they are, don't mean as much as the buzz I felt knowing that pro tilers of the calibre on this forum voted for my job. I sound like some dingbat from the Oscar awards :hurray::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Free Pallet of Mapeker Rapid Coming Soon for JOTM in the Job of the Month Competition (JOTM) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays