Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Has Tile Lippage, Wall Tiles Going Up In The Morning! Help Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Interesting.....

I imagine he'll be feeling pretty low at the moment but why get yourself into that postion in the first place?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
The search is on for a tiler to get me out of this mess!

To add my 2p worth i wouldn't pay your tiler a penny. He's clearly incompetent, the area in the last photo you've posted showing the majority of your bathroom floor doesn't look like a complicated area at all, i certainly don't see any reason why ho would run out of tiles/not be able to calculate how many he needed as the cuts round the room appear in the photo to be under half a tile.

Ali

Last edited by a moderator:
P

paul78

i would refuse to give him anything myself as whatever you give him then he still makes a profit!! Where your now in the RED regardless of the situation so pay nothing and put it towards correcting the errors. But to correct lipping may not be as easy as you think as i bet the tiles around the ones you want to replace arnt level with the next so dont expect no lipping. Then theres all the mis-match grout widths....

Its comes down to what you can live with really as your always going to look and cringe every time your on the toilet/in the bath for years.

His work is well below DIY standards and to even have the cheek to look at tiles worth £50m2 let alone attempt to lay them then the guys a joke!

Keep everyone posted even with your success stories, and everyone always likes a good pic or 2 :smilewinkgrin:

Q

Qwerty

I wouldnt pay him anything to be honest. As others have said..... you paid for materials that now have to be replaced. At a push I suppose paying for his time when collecting materials would be a token gesture if you felt uneasy about the situation. I must admire you for standing up to him. At least he seems to be a gent about the situation so far and swallowed his pride

J

jay

Things to consider
replacement tiles needed

tiles need to be removed and replaced (sounds easy but it is not )

there is floor heating

then the floor needs grouting

take them into consideration when working out what to pay

R

Rich

If I was to be the tiler that was called in to put that right, I would want to take up the tiles that have been put down, IMO this is the only way to get the floor how it should be (flat and even). Unfortunately this would be a big old job as there is UFH underneath.

J

jay

If I was to be the tiler that was called in to put that right, I would want to take up the tiles that have been put down, IMO this is the only way to get the floor how it should be (flat and even). Unfortunately this would be a big old job as there is UFH underneath.

Thats what i was thinking

Reaction score
I have another tiler visiting tomorrow morning at 10am to take a look at the mess so will let you know the outcome.

He has been recommended by my local Porcelonosa branch manager so i have high hopes I'm heading in the right direction.

D

DHTiling

I wish you good luck with the next tiler... because it certainly wasn't one that tiled that floor.. :(

You are being too soft and do not need to feel guilt about what has happened.. is it to much to expect a decent job, NO it isn't . so move on and let that guy walk and with NO payment for shoddy work, he might then think twice about turning that quality out and expect paying for it.

Many thanks for sharing with us and please do let us know how you get on and maybe some pics when completed..

I

Ian

I have another tiler visiting tomorrow morning at 10am to take a look at the mess so will let you know the outcome.

He has been recommended by my local Porcelonosa branch manager so i have high hopes I'm heading in the right direction.

Even though they come recommended, still ask to see pictures of previous work and don't just take a shop managers word for it that he will do a good job.

Reply to Floor Has Tile Lippage, Wall Tiles Going Up In The Morning! Help Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen