Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Has Tile Lippage, Wall Tiles Going Up In The Morning! Help Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Now that is shocking, he should've gone to Specsavers!!!! DO NOT let him anywhere near your wall tiles. You'll have trouble taking those up cos that looks like what's required.

S

Stef

Sorry mate but that tiling is not good enough, Photo 8, lippage & grout lines, shocking.

Theres only 1 way to sort that, start again.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics .and yes i can see why you are concerned .its not the best .maybe a pic of the whole floor might be beneficial

for what its worth....

IMG_20120127_233429.jpg

R

Rich

We seem to all be satisfied that the work is nowhere near good enough. Now you need to know what to do from here. All things being fair you should give him a chance to put his work right but in order to do that he would have to rip up the entire floor, then the tiles,adhesive,UFH and the laytex would have been ruined and wasted. No good just kicking him out as it is going to cost you a heap in materials.

You defiantly need to have words with him when he comes back and show him how bad it is.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I didn't realise but he actually used spacers and he still messed it up. Unbelievable.

S

Stef

Whats the name of those tiles?

I laid them on a job last year, they are good to work with.

No excuses from the "Tiler" i use that phrase in the loosest of terms.

Reply to Floor Has Tile Lippage, Wall Tiles Going Up In The Morning! Help Please! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen