Search the forum,

Discuss fixing to metal what addy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
evenin all,i have a question can you fix tiles to metal and if so what addy would be suitable for doing this??

D

DHTiling

A 2 part system....something like Mapei keraquick with latex plus additive...Or you could use Keralastic...

D

DHTiling

They should be able to get it yes......You replace the quantity of water with latex plus...thus giving one hell of a sticky adhesive....

P

Pawelzik

I´ve read the (english UK) data sheet of Mapei´s Keraquick + Latex, I couldn´t find a recommandation for direct laying tiles on metal with this stuff !?:20:

Better ask the representatives of the adhesive makers, what to use and in which way (decoupling neccessary perhaps ?). From the German market I know that Dunlop was involved in making addys for ships - not cement based, it was either epoxy resin based or a polyurethane adhesive.

G

grumpygrouter

I´ve read the (english UK) data sheet of Mapei´s Keraquick + Latex, I couldn´t find a recommandation for direct laying tiles on metal with this stuff !?:20:

Better ask the representatives of the adhesive makers, what to use and in which way (decoupling neccessary perhaps ?). From the German market I know that Dunlop was involved in making addys for ships - not cement based, it was either epoxy resin based or a polyurethane adhesive.
It is in the chart in the Mapei "Little Black Book", saying it can be used on metal but recommends checking with the Mapei technical department first.

P

Perry

Thats the only time i use bal fastflex on metal but it depends what you doing as i done a 800 mtr computer floor a little while ago with large format porcelain tiles fastflex wasn't any good for that bed thickness and cost so i stuck Pecilastic down with PCI PKL324 then tiled on that with PTB rapid :pete

P

Perry

Martin i believe that was what bal call balflex of fastflex :pete

Reply to fixing to metal what addy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen