Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing To The Ceiling? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rookery

Caulk usually, sometimes grout. Strictly speaking it's a movement joint and should be siliconed but I rarely do it that way cos the ceiling usually needs painting once I've finished.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I silicone to the ceiling if I don't like the customer!

(and smear too!)
Harsh that! I worked on a site of 300+ houses when I was 17 or so. Painters were ar#ehol#s, kept painting all the walls in the bathroom knowing full well we were tiling the wet areas. After weeks of arguments I began to write co#k in primer on the living room walls. Completely invisible until they started to emulsion. Took about 12 houses but they soon got the idea.

F

Flintstone

I've always ground to the ceiling, I run a wet sponge along the plaster a few times to wet it up so the grount moisture doesn't suck in, can get a nice smooth finish then. Although it's bound to crack at some point

W

White Room

I found a dark grout will stain white emulsion paint, that's why caulking filler does the trick.

S

Stef

If it's painted then deco fill, if it's a plastic ceiling then it gets siliconed.
It needs to be classed as a movement join & shouldn't be grouted.

W

WetSaw

Unless the ceiling is perfectly flat, which of course they always are, what's a wavy grey grout line look like against a white ceiling?

I'm a caulker by the way!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
White caulk looks like this!

image.jpeg

Reply to Finishing To The Ceiling? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen