Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing a job already started. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in his bathroom .?

I asked what was to do and he replied along the lines of finishing some tiling..

Mmmmmmm I thought .. So I asked the question , have you or a tiler already started the tiling ?

I was just gunna back heal it as I don't like finishing other people's tiling , just then he replied .... Yes he said , I started the bathroom 4 yrs ago and never got round to putting cuts in and grouting , he continued to say that he needs it finishing now as his wife's been diagnosed with terminal cancer... And he wants to get things finished for her...

Jeez I thought , so I'm going to see the job and squeeze it in...

Would you do the same or is it just me being a softy lol lol ...

P

p4ulo

Nah, deffo do the same.
I'm a sucker for a sad story, my common sense tends to go out the window for me.
I seem to only do work for friends these days (divorce and my kids I want to see take priority over private work) and as a consequence they are all "personal" projects so I try to fit them in.
Good for you to give it a go.....unless it totally sh1te obvs!

W

White Room

That's a tough one but to be honest you can take a look but you can't make a sows ear look like a silk purse but why mention about his wifes illness to get a job completed after 4 years.

Just me being cynical though.

O

Old Mod

That's a tough one but to be honest you can take a look but you can't make a sows ear look like a silk purse but why mention about his wifes illness to get a job completed after 4 years.

Just me being cynical though.

Ooow u old misery! Haha :D

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I never finish off others work. Fir many reasons bur primarily my guarantee.

However. I'd be going and seeing what I could do in this instances under the circumstances.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I put 2 sheets of mosaic over a basin once for a customer. ...didn't even charge him for it yet he rang up and complained about it !!!!
Said he didn't like the 2 tessera each side of the basin hanging over and could I come back and re do it as his wife can't live with it !!

If he's a paying customer and you can fit him in then no problem. ....jobs a job........but must admit after my experience I've gave up doing to many favours for people.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't even go look. I feel for his missus with her diagnosis but I can't help but think he is a chancer. I have no time for people like that. 4 years....... now he wants someone to finish it for him.

Reply to Finishing a job already started. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen