Discuss Finishing a job already started. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I received an email last night from a guy local to me , he asked if I could do some tiling in his bathroom .?

I asked what was to do and he replied along the lines of finishing some tiling..

Mmmmmmm I thought .. So I asked the question , have you or a tiler already started the tiling ?

I was just gunna back heal it as I don't like finishing other people's tiling , just then he replied .... Yes he said , I started the bathroom 4 yrs ago and never got round to putting cuts in and grouting , he continued to say that he needs it finishing now as his wife's been diagnosed with terminal cancer... And he wants to get things finished for her...

Jeez I thought , so I'm going to see the job and squeeze it in...

Would you do the same or is it just me being a softy lol lol ...

P

p4ulo

Nah, deffo do the same.
I'm a sucker for a sad story, my common sense tends to go out the window for me.
I seem to only do work for friends these days (divorce and my kids I want to see take priority over private work) and as a consequence they are all "personal" projects so I try to fit them in.
Good for you to give it a go.....unless it totally sh1te obvs!

W

White Room

That's a tough one but to be honest you can take a look but you can't make a sows ear look like a silk purse but why mention about his wifes illness to get a job completed after 4 years.

Just me being cynical though.

O

Old Mod

That's a tough one but to be honest you can take a look but you can't make a sows ear look like a silk purse but why mention about his wifes illness to get a job completed after 4 years.

Just me being cynical though.

Ooow u old misery! Haha :D

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I never finish off others work. Fir many reasons bur primarily my guarantee.

However. I'd be going and seeing what I could do in this instances under the circumstances.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I put 2 sheets of mosaic over a basin once for a customer. ...didn't even charge him for it yet he rang up and complained about it !!!!
Said he didn't like the 2 tessera each side of the basin hanging over and could I come back and re do it as his wife can't live with it !!

If he's a paying customer and you can fit him in then no problem. ....jobs a job........but must admit after my experience I've gave up doing to many favours for people.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't even go look. I feel for his missus with her diagnosis but I can't help but think he is a chancer. I have no time for people like that. 4 years....... now he wants someone to finish it for him.

Reply to Finishing a job already started. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks