Discuss Does aligning wall and floor grout lines use more tiles? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who did an excellent job. However, the builder didn’t order enough tiles so the tiler had to come back for an extra day to finish. The builder is now trying to charge me for this extra day saying he ran out of tiles because I wanted the grout lines on the wall and floor aligned and this used additional tiles. Both the tiler and my husband say this is not the case but I thought I’d ask for other opinions? The en-suite is only 2.4M x 1.2M. Despite the fact the builder quoted for a fully tiled bathroom I still had to pay extra for chrome trim, grey silicone and tile backer board. Is this normal practice? Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Hi Dave
Thank you for taking the time to reply. My builder is saying he needed 14 extra tiles because I wanted the wall tiles stacked with the floor tiles aligned. To be honest I know this is rubbish but I wanted one of you knowledgable tilers to confirm it! It’s not the extra tiles so much as the extra days wages because the tiler ran out. I got a price for a fully tiled bathroom but didn’t specifically say chrome trim.

Reply to Does aligning wall and floor grout lines use more tiles? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks