Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Feeling Worried And Very Angry (and Now Silly) in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have been buying adhesive from a supplier for a for a 3 - 400 msq job i'v been doing on and off over the last 12 months, the shop said they would order it in for me as I needed it (Kerokol Ideal for a anhydrite screed).

When I was cleaning up after finishing this latest floor, I happened to notice the adhesive is out of date. Yes I know its probably my fault for not checking every bag, but who does. Now the thing is I found a couple more out of date bags from the previous floor, and its not just a couple of months out of date but 3 and a 1/2 yrs.

What do I tell the customer, what do I say to the shop, because I'm really feeling this has got to of been sold to me, on purpose, because its happened more than once, and whats 3 and a 1/2 year old adhesive still doing in their shop.

Any advice would be apreciated.

S

StevieBoy

As above, is the adhesive failing?

How long ago since you laid the floor just outta curiosity?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Phil I'm sure that if the addy had no solid lumps in it and it seemed normal when you mixed it then it should be fine. If kept in a dry and frost free environment it should be fine. I'm sure it will still set, but it might take a bit longer to set.
However 3.5 years is a long time for addy to still be in the selling chain. Maybe its a printing error on the bag. Give the manufacturer a call in the morning and I'm sure they will put your mind at rest.
You still have to go back to your seller and give him hell...unless you were paying £2 a bag!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Check the bag again......the date on the bag is normally the date it was manufactured. .....it will then say how long it's good for.......though it's normally 12 month

Reaction score
I'v still got the bags, and i'm picking up some more this week, but will be checking the dates on these, i will go ******* mad if these are the same. The last floor was finished on friday, and there aint any failures on the other ones yet.

J

Just Rizzle

never used kerekol but if you have issues try tilemaster anafix there based in layland lancs great addy sticks like a welders weld

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Are you certain you've read this right? 3.5years on the shelf I'd a bloody long time.
If you still have a bag call the manufacturer and check production with the batch code.
As far as being sold out if date addy I don't know where you'd stand. Could imagine any argument would be shot down with them saying you should of checked. But you're right, who does??!?

If it's set. It's set though.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear the outcome of this.

Hopefully its production date but either way; nearly 4 years sitting somewhere, who's paying for storage on that?! Christ. That's a while.

Reply to Feeling Worried And Very Angry (and Now Silly) in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks