Search the forum,

Discuss Feeling Worried And Very Angry (and Now Silly) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have been buying adhesive from a supplier for a for a 3 - 400 msq job i'v been doing on and off over the last 12 months, the shop said they would order it in for me as I needed it (Kerokol Ideal for a anhydrite screed).

When I was cleaning up after finishing this latest floor, I happened to notice the adhesive is out of date. Yes I know its probably my fault for not checking every bag, but who does. Now the thing is I found a couple more out of date bags from the previous floor, and its not just a couple of months out of date but 3 and a 1/2 yrs.

What do I tell the customer, what do I say to the shop, because I'm really feeling this has got to of been sold to me, on purpose, because its happened more than once, and whats 3 and a 1/2 year old adhesive still doing in their shop.

Any advice would be apreciated.

S

StevieBoy

As above, is the adhesive failing?

How long ago since you laid the floor just outta curiosity?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Phil I'm sure that if the addy had no solid lumps in it and it seemed normal when you mixed it then it should be fine. If kept in a dry and frost free environment it should be fine. I'm sure it will still set, but it might take a bit longer to set.
However 3.5 years is a long time for addy to still be in the selling chain. Maybe its a printing error on the bag. Give the manufacturer a call in the morning and I'm sure they will put your mind at rest.
You still have to go back to your seller and give him hell...unless you were paying £2 a bag!

Reaction score
I'v still got the bags, and i'm picking up some more this week, but will be checking the dates on these, i will go ******* mad if these are the same. The last floor was finished on friday, and there aint any failures on the other ones yet.

Reply to Feeling Worried And Very Angry (and Now Silly) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen