Search the forum,

Discuss External mitre profiling tool in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I've had an enquiry asking me to make something like these for porcelain tiles:-

media.nl

They cut a mitre into the edge of a tile in one process.

Here is a video of how they work:-

Questions:-

Would this be of interest to many?

What size would be most useful? I was thinking 12mm would cover most applications?

Cost would be in the region of £70-£80 + vat + p&p

We'd formulate it for Porcelain, but that would also be able to cut most hard stones as well.

Cutting would ideally have to be a wet process, especially on porcelain. I'm not sure how long one of these would last if used dry or even if would provide an acceptable finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Have you not seen the Mitre wiz..?.. now if that product similar to that could be actually brought into production as it is a dry cutting process, then it would sell like hot cakes to the pro's.

C

Concrete guy

Have you not seen the Mitre wiz..?.. now if that product similar to that could be actually brought into production as it is a dry cutting process, then it would sell like hot cakes to the pro's.

I'd never seen that David. Have you actually tried one?

I'm having a chat with the tech guys at the factory to see if we could make one of these tools for dry cutting.

D

DHTiling

After all the mitred edge will not be exposed so the finish the profiler leaves does not have to be ultra smooth.

C

Concrete guy

I should have some drawings for this in a day or so, once I do I'll post them up.

How much shy of the edge would you want the cut to be?

Would it make sense to leave 1mm of factory edge? You wouldn't want this cutting right up to the top face otherwise it will leave a razor sharp edge.

C

Concrete guy

So the magic question is, how many of you would buy one if we can make it viable for dry cutting porcelain (which would also be usable on travertine etc also).

I'll make these to cut about 12mm thick product, which I would think would cover most eventualities?

D

DHTiling

12mm is good for stone but most porcelains will be 9mm/10mm , so seen as most stone is machine cut and they will mitre on the same machine then maybe go the porcelain thickness route.. unless it can be there can be a removable part to allow for 12mm to 10mm

Reply to External mitre profiling tool in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen