Search the forum,

Discuss External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I've had an enquiry asking me to make something like these for porcelain tiles:-

media.nl

They cut a mitre into the edge of a tile in one process.

Here is a video of how they work:-

Questions:-

Would this be of interest to many?

What size would be most useful? I was thinking 12mm would cover most applications?

Cost would be in the region of £70-£80 + vat + p&p

We'd formulate it for Porcelain, but that would also be able to cut most hard stones as well.

Cutting would ideally have to be a wet process, especially on porcelain. I'm not sure how long one of these would last if used dry or even if would provide an acceptable finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Have you not seen the Mitre wiz..?.. now if that product similar to that could be actually brought into production as it is a dry cutting process, then it would sell like hot cakes to the pro's.

C

Concrete guy

Have you not seen the Mitre wiz..?.. now if that product similar to that could be actually brought into production as it is a dry cutting process, then it would sell like hot cakes to the pro's.

I'd never seen that David. Have you actually tried one?

I'm having a chat with the tech guys at the factory to see if we could make one of these tools for dry cutting.

D

DHTiling

After all the mitred edge will not be exposed so the finish the profiler leaves does not have to be ultra smooth.

C

Concrete guy

I should have some drawings for this in a day or so, once I do I'll post them up.

How much shy of the edge would you want the cut to be?

Would it make sense to leave 1mm of factory edge? You wouldn't want this cutting right up to the top face otherwise it will leave a razor sharp edge.

Reply to External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen