Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion joint, grout or not to grout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an aluminium expansion joint running through 600x600mm porcelain tiles, my question is whether its best to butt the tiles against the aluminium edge or to allow a 3mm gap for grout either side of the exp. joint.
My grout is a dark grey colour and aesthetically i think it would look better without it, but is it best practice to grout along the expansion joint? Thanks

IMAG1010.jpg

Reply to Expansion joint, grout or not to grout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Available - Porcelanosa Hampton Beige Floor Tile 22cm x 90cm (13 Boxes - 15.444 M2) Porcelanosa...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen