Search the forum,

Discuss Ekoboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Laying ekoboard on ply before ufh, what's best procedure? Plan to use rapidset flexible. Should I prime the ekoboard? Have done this before with Bal APD but it seemed to take hours to absorb and I'm not sure what the actual effect was. Any informed advice ?

G

grumpygrouter

I'm not aware that ekoboard needs priming as it is a cement based face.

Last edited by a moderator:

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not yet GRR, tbh I was hoping to get some practical users views. Also i thought I had posted it last night but apparently not. Next step...

D

Deleted member 9966

Give Pete at Uheat a buzz. And when you've found out the answer, post it in here and then we'll all know what to do :thumbsup:

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Righhhttt, they say no need to prime, can't think where I got the idea last time, but that saves a bit of time. Cheers

D

Deleted member 9966

Cool :hurray:

So, just to be sure, the blue foam Ekoboards from Uheat don't need priming before using - winner :20:

Reply to Ekoboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen